I. Policy Statement:
Social media and social network sites serve to further enhance communications between the City of Holyoke and the public in support of the goals of the Holyoke Redevelopment site. Social media facilitates further discussion of regional issues, operations and services by providing members of the public the opportunity to participate in many ways using the Internet. Submission of comments by members of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum.
All visitors to HR.com which partake in social media aspects of the portal shall be clearly identified by their name and image as provided to the social media service in use.
2. Disclosure requirements
3. Content Moderation
The City of Holyoke reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law or regulation. HR.com social networking content and comments containing any of the following forms of content or commentary shall not be allowed for posting:
- Comments not topically related to the particular site or blog article being commented upon;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
Further, the City of Holyoke also reserves the right to delete comments that:
- Encompass spam or include links to other sites;
- Promote particular services, products or political organizations;
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- Foster personal attacks of any kind.
4. Twitter and Facebook
Twitter is a free social networking site that allows users to send and read other users’ short updates (up to 140 characters in length). Facebook is a social networking service that allows users to connect with others and share information and media. While people use Twitter and Facebook in many different ways for both personal and professional reasons, as a matter of policy:
- Any HR.com use of Twitter and Facebook is intended as a means to provide announcements and updates on current events or notices to any other users who elect to watch or follow our Twitter and Facebook feeds.
- The accounts are maintained and monitored by City of Holyoke members.
Refers to the City of Holyoke internet web portal, accessed through www.HolyokeRedevelopment.com and other similar referral domains. HR.com also references accessory pages and services, such as the City of Holyoke social media and survey sites, and other sites that are used to convey information to the public through the portal.
2. IP Address
A series of numbers that identifies each computer and machine connected to the Internet. An IP address enables a server on a computer network to send you the file that you have requested on the Internet. The IP address disclosed to us may identify the computer from which you are accessing the Internet, or a server owned by your Internet Service Provider. Because it is machine-specific, rather than person-specific, an IP address is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable information.
3. Social Media
A social media website is a website on a social media application that is usually maintained by an individual and has regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. A social media identity is a specific user identity that has been registered on a third party social media site and is associated with the website. Government social media sites or identities typically provide forums for commentary or news on topics related to the government agency that hosts the social media site or has secured the social media identity. A typical social media site (whether hosted by the Agency or a third party) combines text, images, and links to other websites related to the topic and enables readers to leave comments in an interactive format.