Also known as “The Armory” the building was constructed for the National Guard in 1907. The City of Holyoke took ownership of the property in 2013 through a tax title taking and transfer of the property to the Holyoke Redevelopment Authority (HRA) was approved by the Holyoke City Council on August 2, 2016. In 2016 the rear portion of the building collapsed and the City demolished the collapsed section of the building and shored up the front of the structure, which is the most architecturally significant. Today the historic façade is intact and the remaining structure consists of two-stories and a basement area. The building is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
The redevelopment of this historic property would complement investment in the surrounding neighborhood, which includes the newly constructed Senior Center (2013), the Churchill Homes neighborhood, a CVS retail store and 170 Sargeant Street, where Easthampton Savings Bank is constructing their first Holyoke branch.
Submit a Proposal