This 18.7 acre lot on Whiting Farms Road is currently owned by the Holyoke Gas and Electric, and is currently zoned for general business. In February of 2014, the Office of Planning and Economic Development embarked on a study to gauge what uses are desirable on the site, guided by residents feedback.
The survey sought to answer the following questions:
- How does the community think the site could best serve Holyoke and the neighborhood?
- What would the community like to see from the site? In other words, what would make the site visually appealing to the community?
- What land uses would support both what the community values in the site and what the community would like to see in site aesthetics and design?
- What development tools can help achieve the land uses that would support both what the community values in the site and what the community would like to see in site aesthetics and design?
To view the documents related to the study see the following documents:
- Community Survey Response Analysis – Part I
- Community Survey Response Analysis – Part II
- July 22, 2014 Presentation to the Ordinance Committee on Community Survey Results